About Coastal Oaks Home Inspection
What to look for in a Home Inspector:
Your home inspector should be a member in good standing of a professional inspection organization, like NACHI, which has training and testing requirements for membership.
What about a license? Ask the inspector you choose if his business license is to perform Home Inspections.
Abide by a Code of Ethics. Is your inspector using a written contract? Is he offering to perform repairs for a fee to any home he has recently inspected (all major home inspection organizations prohibit this practice)?
Written Standards of Practice. These should be provided to the client so that they may fully understand what to expect and, just an importantly, what is not included in the inspection process.
The benefits Coastal Oaks Home Inspections offers:
Doug Cooper: Certified Master Inspector
I have lived in Camden County for over 12 years and plan to stay for many more. My family and I are very active in the community and believe that participating and volunteering are very important factors in building strong and vibrant neighborhoods. I am a U.S. Navy Veteran. I served for 26 years in submarine Nuclear Engineering. I have over 20 years experience as a Quality Assurance Inspector and Supervisor. I hold a Science Degree from the University of the State of New York and am an Accredited Financial Counselor.
- Honored as a member of ‘The Giving Team’, The Tribune & Georgian Newspaper, inaugural class, 2011.
- ‘Terry K. Floyd Distinguished Service Award’, Camden County Board of Realtors, 2011.
- Received ‘Presidential Award’ Camden County Board of Realtors, 2010.
- Received ‘Continuous Service Award’, Camden County Chamber of Commerce, 2010.
- Awarded ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit Award’, Camden County Chamber of Commerce, 2009.
- Received ‘Chairman’s Award’, Camden County Chamber of Commerce, 2009, 2013.
- Ambassador of the Year, Camden County Chamber of Commerce, 2008.
- Voted ‘Best of Camden County’ for Home Inspectors in 2008, 2009, and 2010 Reader’s Choice Awards for the Tribune & Georgian newspaper – every year that “Home Inspector” was a category in the ‘Best of…’.
- Honor Graduate, Leadership Camden Class of 2008
My Involvement in the Community:
At Coastal Oaks Home Inspections, we believe that improvements and progress come from dedicated citizen involvement in the community. I am both honored and proud of the solid reputation that I and my company have gained through volunteering in various local organizations:
- Chairman, City of St Marys Board of Ethics.
- Past President/Member, St Marys Submarine Museum Board of Directors.
- Past Member, St Marys Library Board of Trustees.
- Past President/Member, Camden County High School Band Boosters.
- Vice Chairman for small business development, Camden County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Past Chairman, Camden County Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Committee.
- Graduate of Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Camden course, City of St Marys ‘St Marys 101’ course, Camden County’s Citizens Academy and Georgia Academy for Economic Developement.
- Member, City of St Marys Planning Commission
- Chairman, Keep Camden Beautiful pre-certification Committee.